Certificate of residence
- You apply for an education
- You request a refund on your VAT
- Your cargo is delivered to you, when you move to Denmark
You can also use a certificate of residence e.g.
- as a passport when you travel in Greenland or other Nordic countries
- as an assurance to get a refund on expenses on medicine or dentists in Denmark
Everyone, who resides in Greenland, can get a certificate of residence.
How to apply
In order to apply for a certificate of residence, you must contact your local public service center or municipality office. The only thing you need is a social security number (CPR nr.).
Some municipalities require a fee – no more than 100 DKK – to issue a certificate of residence. The certificate of residence will be issued to you immediately.
Be aware that the certificate of residence is only valid for 1 year at a time.
A certificate of residence is only valid in Greenland and the Nordic countries. Be aware that for other countries in EU and the rest of the world, other conditions apply.