Imminut sullississutinut iserniaruit NemID suli isissutissatut atussavat.

Certificate of residence

A certificate of residence is a document that testifies to the truth of who you are and where you live. You will need a certificate of residence e.g. when:
  • You apply for an education
  • You request a refund on your VAT
  • Your cargo is delivered to you, when you move to Denmark

You can also use a certificate of residence e.g.
  • as a passport when you travel in Greenland or other Nordic countries
  • as an assurance to get a refund on expenses on medicine or dentists in Denmark

Everyone, who resides in Greenland, can get a certificate of residence.

How to apply
In order to apply for a certificate of residence, you must contact your local public service center or municipality office. The only thing you need is a social security number (CPR nr.).

Some municipalities require a fee – no more than 100 DKK – to issue a certificate of residence. The certificate of residence will be issued to you immediately.

Be aware that the certificate of residence is only valid for 1 year at a time.

A certificate of residence is only valid in Greenland and the Nordic countries. Be aware that for other countries in EU and the rest of the world, other conditions apply.
Innuttaasumut tikilluarit

Sullissivik Innuttaasumut isilerputit. Suliffeqarfiutilimmut nuunniaruit, qulaani ‘Suliffeqarfiutilimmut’ toqqassavat.