Tourists and hunting
Everyone that wishes to go hunting in Greenland is required to have a hunting license. A hunting license is a permission to go hunting. One of the terms to get a hunting license is a permanent address in Greenland. As a consequence tourists can not get a hunting license.
If you are a tourist and you wish to go hunting in Greenland, your only option is to go by a licensed hunting operator. You can find licensed hunting operators online at Visit Greenland’s webpage www.greenland.com
or at the local post office.
The operator will inform you about:
- Requirements of bringing a hunting license from your home country
- How to import your own weapons into Greenland
In addition the operator will be able to inform you about:
- Hunting- and preserving rules
- The weapons act
- The individual hunting grounds
- Preparation of hunting trophies